Dermatology Community
Shingles Again??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles Again??

Hi,
I'm 22 years old and was diagnosed with shingles about a month ago (confirmed with swab). This was around where my pants sit and caused a swollen lymph node in the groin which is what prompted me to go to the doctor...
Now a few weeks later I have a rash very similar to the last on my right ankle on the outside only. Could this be shingles again???
I'm not sure if I'm being really paranoid or its legit... The last lot just started with a extremely itchy rash that i thought was insect bites until it showed up on the front and caused the swollen lymph nodes which were extremely sore to touch and even move my leg...
If it is shingles, why would i get it twice in a short amount of time when I'm otherwise healthy and the only stress really is university but i seem to think that I have been coping pretty well with it??? I read that you usually only get shingles once and its pretty rare to get repeated outbreaks. I've a little over it all!
Thanks Lisa
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979