Shingles after shingles shot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shingles after shingles shot

Five years ago I had a severe shingles episode not realizing it was shingles until the blisters appeared. The pain was unbearable and for three months I was on heavy nicotics for the pain along with Valtrex. The only thing that eased the pain for me was Oxycodone and hydrocodone. This was after trying several other prescribed. It just about did me in. I have taken neurotin since then 3 times a day. Neurotin has given me a somewhat decent life since that time. However, I till have major numbness, burning, pains at times. I recently took the shingles shot, (2 months ago) and suddenly have had a lot of heavy burning all over as if I were having another shingles attack. Before the shot, some days I could get by with only one neurotin. This past week, I have had terrible burining and numbness all over my body and this morning observed small red spots on my back, side, just three or four and one here and there under arm, and on leg. The first one appeared behind my leg and I assumed I had a spider bite. It is as if my body is being attacked. I do believe that I have an outbreak as of this morning with the red spots appearing. I also believe that having taken the shingles shot recently, it has done something terrible to me all over again by introducing the virus into my body. Frankly, if I had it to do over again, I would not take this shot even though my Dr. recommended it. Have others reported this same thing happening to them? What you you recommend I do now?