Dermatology Expert Forum
Shingles and a Lump under skin?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Shingles and a Lump under skin?
Hello!
Recently, meaning about 3 days ago, I noticed an itchy patch of skin just on my ribs below my breast that looks a lot like shingles. It hasn't been bothersome, just itchy. Now hoever, I've noticed a lump on my side, just to the right of my right breast but far below my armpit. It's not wouldn't call it within the area of the breast, just on the "outskirts."

The lump is soft, easily moved and manipulated and rather painless. My question is, what do you think this is? and, Do you think it has anything to do with he shingles? I have never noticed this before and it seems pretty new.

Any advice would be welcomed.

jenn
I recommend that you see a doctor and not diagnose yourself with "shingles" or anything else.  I suspect that it isn't shingles but is rather dermatitis.  The lump could be a lymph gland or a lipoma (benign), but again, you won't know what it is.  Check it out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff