Shingles on thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shingles on thigh

Can you get shingles on the leg the thigh. I have a small round rash that came up last month and started to fade and go away then two days ago one pimple size bump came up and now the whole area is starting to get inflamed. my thigh was very sensitive to light touch. I also had two line type rashes on my back and they went away after about two weeks but you can still see where they were on my back. One more thing to is I think I have been exposed to HSV2 about two month ago. Could that be Herpes on my thigh?
Usually shingles is found on the trunk and abdomen but it can be found on thighs as well. If you have been diagnosed with HSV2 then this also needs to be ruled out. The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have appointment in the morning. thank you very much