Shingles without rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shingles without rash

Can you  have shingles without having a rash.  I am having severe burning and terrible pain in my left arm and armpit.
Yes atypical shingles can present as severe pain without any rash. But this pain can be due to other causes and the most important to be ruled out at your age is angina pain which can typically radiate to the left arm and armpit. Get an immediate EKG done from a physician and also get other causes like muscular pain, nerve pain, pinched nerve etc ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same thing under my right armpit and behind it as well
No rash but burning .......Went to Derm and he did not know as no rash appears

Anyone else