Dermatology Community
Should I be concerned about swollen lymph nodes?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be concerned about swollen lymph nodes?

I noticed 3 weeks ago that 2 lymph nodes in a very unusual spot under BOTH of my arms began to swell. (The subclavicular group axillary lymph nodes)  They would sometimes swell and go back down, I thought they were boils sometimes and picked at them.  One day my armpits began to itch and those lymph nodes swelled to about the size of a marble or more.  It was painful and tender to the touch, (Hence I thought they were still boils)  I decided to go to the doctor and saw my Nurse Practitioner.  She said these specific lymph nodes are linked to my back.  

She inspected my back and found a suspicious mole.  It is small and looks like a normal mole to me but there is a red inflammation around this said mole.  Basically it looks like a minor zit with a mole on top.  ( can't get a closer look it's on my back. )

She did a biopsy and I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the results.  Should I just go to a dermatologist and get a quicker answer?  Should I be concerned?  What are the odds it's melanoma or a more minor skin cancer?  The fact that those lymph nodes are swollen reallllly concerns me!

I have had many other fatigue like symptoms for over a year, and suspect I have some sort of infection or auto-immune disease, I guess I can keep thinking that to keep my mind at ease, cause thinking of stage 3 melanoma is not helping me!!!!!