Should I be concerned about swollen lymph nodes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I noticed 3 weeks ago that 2 lymph nodes in a very unusual spot under BOTH of my arms began to swell. (The subclavicular group axillary lymph nodes)  They would sometimes swell and go back down, I thought they were boils sometimes and picked at them.  One day my armpits began to itch and those lymph nodes swelled to about the size of a marble or more.  It was painful and tender to the touch, (Hence I thought they were still boils)  I decided to go to the doctor and saw my Nurse Practitioner.  She said these specific lymph nodes are linked to my back.  

She inspected my back and found a suspicious mole.  It is small and looks like a normal mole to me but there is a red inflammation around this said mole.  Basically it looks like a minor zit with a mole on top.  ( can't get a closer look it's on my back. )

She did a biopsy and I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the results.  Should I just go to a dermatologist and get a quicker answer?  Should I be concerned?  What are the odds it's melanoma or a more minor skin cancer?  The fact that those lymph nodes are swollen reallllly concerns me!

I have had many other fatigue like symptoms for over a year, and suspect I have some sort of infection or auto-immune disease, I guess I can keep thinking that to keep my mind at ease, cause thinking of stage 3 melanoma is not helping me!!!!!
Oh also my breath gets really smelly when these lymph nodes are swollen.  Another sign of infection? Or what do you think?

Thankssss!!!
It is not normal to find swollen lymph nodes. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. Hence I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.