Single red bump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Single red bump

I have no idea what it is and if it's serious or not. I have this one single red bump on the back of my hand near my thumb that likes to get itchy every now and then. If I scratch it and tear the skin, it bleeds a tiny bit but mostly just clear liquid comes out just a little bit. I have had this for almost half a year now, and never really thought about it until just now as it seems like it's not going away any time soon. It's just that one single dot, no others have appeared anywhere else on my body.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis or cyst. The other possibilities are colloid milium, flat wart or Papular umbilicated granuloma annulare.
Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.