Skin Burn Question
Hi.I was sitting too close to a space heater & now I have a burn.It's more imprinted (brown,small,circular shape like the heater) covering 2 inches of my leg.It doesn't hurt at all.I'm not sure what type of burn this is & what should I do?Please help.Thank You.
'Erythema ab-igne'(toasted skin syndrome). Apply calamine. Not serious. Do consult doc.
Thank you for the reply!
Treatment of burns depends upon the depth of injury from a burn. First-degree burns are the most shallow (superficial). They affect only the top layer of skin (epidermis). Second-degree burns extend into the middle layer of skin (dermis). Third-degree burns involve all three layers of skin.

What was the degree of involvement of skin in your case? From your description, it looks like a first or second degree burn. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scar. For these kind of burns; you can apply antibiotic cream such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene).It will prevent infection and help in fast healing.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Hello.Thank you for your concern.I believe I have a 2nd degree burn.I looked into Silvadine but unfortunately it is only available by prescription & I don't have health insurance.Right now I am using an over the counter gel calamine.It's only been 4 days so it will take time to heal.Do you have any good suggestions for a good brand I could use that is over the counter?I will keep you posted & you did help.Thank you.
Perhaps if 'mupurocin creme'(Bactroban) is available it should be very good too.Do consult your doc.