Skin Eruptions

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Eruptions

This problem may be in the wrong category... I have had skin eruptions only on my fingers every month or so for the last several years.  I have been to 2 dermatologists, one having no idea what's going on and the other saying it's stress (I am a very happy person that really leads a fairly stress free life, so I don't believe this).  These areas start with small, white spots that feel like I have a sliver.  Eventually this spot, which I can best describe as a bubble coming to the surface of my skin, begins to peal.  It grows to cover much larger areas of the fingers and thumbs, with the skin pealing down the bottom layers. At these times, these fingers are very sensitive to heat and salt and continue to crack and peal for about 2 months.  The skin sometimes turns into a hard callus if the pealing is on the end of a finger.  I have taken digital photos to eventually take to another dermatologist.  Does anyone have any clue what's going on?
While you wait to see another dermatologist, help the symptoms of your condition. Wash your hands in products made for sensitive skin like E45, Aveeno, or Oiltum. Dry them thoroughly then apply Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, either the original or the handcream. Do not have contact with detergent or washing up liquid, and wear latex-free gloves as latex is a common source of irritation. What occupation do you do? Loiloi x
Thank you so much for your helpful comments. I am so discouraged from my first 2 dermatologist visits that I don't have another appointment with anyone.  Since these bubbles come from down deep, I wonder if it's even really a skin condition...  Anyway, I am an elementary teacher and don't come in contact with chemicals or anything.  I've tried to watch and see if these eruptions coincide with stressful times and they really don't seem to.
I hope you find a doctor who is sympathetic soon. In the meantime, as two dermatologists have not considered it to be anything serious, treat the symptoms of your condition and avoid any likely irritants. Good luck, loiloi x
I too have similar skin eruptions. I have found drinking only water not soda or tea, coffee ect.. exercise and weight loss helped clear me up. Also Cetaphil or generic skin cleanser will help. Other things that seem to work for me are oatmeal and paraffin based creams.  I have tried everything. Have you found out anything new?