Skin Granulation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Granulation

Hello, hope you can help, not sure if i am posting in the correct forum but here goes:

Ive got it on my thumb, had it 2 months now, it started with what i thought was a splinter, so in trying to remove it, i caused the area to bleed which would not stop.
I ended up in A&E with it and was told it was skin granulation, where the wound heals too quickly and causes protruding skin in the area which is tender and easy to damage.
The nurse applied Silver Nitrate which should kill it, but what ended up happening was i got an infection and ended up back in A&E to remove the swelling on my thumb and was given Antibiotics a week ago.
To cut a long story short, last night the bad skin came off and underneath was more granulated skin so back to how it was 2 months ago.

I visited the Walk in Centre this morning who have applied Silver Nitrate again, and advised that if this doesnt work i need to see a dermatologist

I hope this latest treatment works but i go on holiday in 2 weeks and would really like to get rid of this before then
any help?