Skin Infection in my groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Infection in my groin

Sir,
I am a student .I am suffering from a skin infection around my groin (not on any genital part). It is very irritating. The infection is spreading towards the periphery of leg. The areas it have covered are now very smooth. There are lesions in the periphery which give pains when scrathed.

What should i do...
I am bathing regurly and am using domestic antiseptics...

Do tell the treatment or any question....

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination and whetehr you need any antibiotic medications or antifungals.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.