Skin Irritation on Penis Glan or STD Infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Good morning. I recently noticed that the skin on the head of my penis (penis glans (glands)) is very aggravated. The skin appears striated and cracked. I was just curious to know: is it normal for minuscule bumps to appear along dry, striated skin, or could this be something slightly more alarming like the surgence of genital warts? I looked online and compared my situation with that of others and I can only seem to make a comparison with people who have a condition called balanitis or some other form of fungal infection. I'm worried because every image online for genital warts displays the warts already in full form, but I'm curious to know what they would look like in the beginning stages.  

After analyzing my situation further, I noticed that the small bumps occur where the skin has actually cracked. What do you recommend I do? Should I go to a dermatlogist, a urologist, or a PCP? What over the counter creams do you recommend?

Thank you for your time.
This looks like dermatitis skin and the bumps can be due to irritated hair follicles or folliculitis skin. The other possibility is of fungal infection. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers