Dermatology Community
Skin Keratosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin Keratosis

I have been told that the spot on my upper arm is a skin keratosis. I read somewhere that castor oil is a natural treatment remedy. I would rather try something natural at first to see if it responds to treatment. Are there any concerns that I should know about regarding the use of castor oil. Are there any side effects?
Related Discussions
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

It is unclear which type keratosis you refer to in your post. Is is actinic, seborreheic or keratosis pilaris. Keratosis Pilaris is the most common and a derivative of Castor Oil called Undecylenic acid has been found to be beneficial in skin disease. it is also FDA approved for skin application. However, it has more antifungal properties and therefore it is necessary to know the kind of Keratosis that you may have. You may get more information on this derivative of Castor oil at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undecylenic_acid.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you may need more information on this.

Best regards
Blank
I have had the same little bumps on my arms for years, and I believe it is Karatosis Pilaris. I've found that using St. Ives Apricot Scrub with the acne medicine and a smoothing lotion help some.
Blank
468015_tn?1218723380
be very careful with that i had it and it can turn into squamous cell carcinoma i have it all over keep getting it cut off.  that is the first stage if it is really what it is,  if it gets a small lump under it in the second stage and itches and sometimes bleeds it is cancer.  take care of it before it gets worse and wear sunscreen 50 under your regular cream always when you go out or under a lamp.  clorine and antibacterial soap can make it worse use only soap.
Blank
468015_tn?1218723380
castor  oil does not help try hydrocortozone or domboro it will not cure it but will put it in remission sometimes.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank