Skin Keratosis
I have been told that the spot on my upper arm is a skin keratosis. I read somewhere that castor oil is a natural treatment remedy. I would rather try something natural at first to see if it responds to treatment. Are there any concerns that I should know about regarding the use of castor oil. Are there any side effects?

It is unclear which type keratosis you refer to in your post. Is is actinic, seborreheic or keratosis pilaris. Keratosis Pilaris is the most common and a derivative of Castor Oil called Undecylenic acid has been found to be beneficial in skin disease. it is also FDA approved for skin application. However, it has more antifungal properties and therefore it is necessary to know the kind of Keratosis that you may have. You may get more information on this derivative of Castor oil at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undecylenic_acid.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you may need more information on this.

Best regards
I have had the same little bumps on my arms for years, and I believe it is Karatosis Pilaris. I've found that using St. Ives Apricot Scrub with the acne medicine and a smoothing lotion help some.
be very careful with that i had it and it can turn into squamous cell carcinoma i have it all over keep getting it cut off.  that is the first stage if it is really what it is,  if it gets a small lump under it in the second stage and itches and sometimes bleeds it is cancer.  take care of it before it gets worse and wear sunscreen 50 under your regular cream always when you go out or under a lamp.  clorine and antibacterial soap can make it worse use only soap.
castor  oil does not help try hydrocortozone or domboro it will not cure it but will put it in remission sometimes.