Skin Peeling off my face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Peeling off my face

I am a 47 year old women. My skin is peeling off from my nose, forehead and chin almost daily. The nose area is the worst but the forehead and chin are also peeling. I have tried showering everyday and using skin cream. I have also tried not showering for a few days to try to let my natural skin oils help. It peels off in big patches from dime to quarter size.

This all started after a few days of using an Avon cream designed to nourish the skin, reduce wrinkles and so on.. I used it for about another week then stopped. It has been almost 3 weeks and my skin is still peeling off ON A DAILY BASIS.

Any Ideas of what it could be???
Thank you very much for your time and expertise.

Linda L. Dykeman

Email -  vaughn.***@****
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other symptoms present? If you do not have a history of allergies, this could be an infection, eczema or dermatitis. Eczema or inflammation of the epidermis may present with dryness, redness, flaking, blistering, cracking,  or bleeding.  However, since the symptoms have been there for 3 weeks, I recommend that you have this evaluated further by your dermatologist for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important for proper diagnosis. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Take care and do keep us posted.

I am having the same problem and it has lasted for months. I wake up every morning and have to peel the top layer of my lips off completely. Literally large portions of dried skin comes off my lips. It is not peeling outside the lip line. I am not sexual activity for years. My husband I would like to believe it not either. It has been five years since i actually had any kind of sex and I assume I will not anymore in life. I am 58 and I take acyclovir every morning to control my outbreaks of shingles. I been on this medicine for about a year. If i stop taking it, and i have, within days I will have a shingles outbreak. I have asked my present doctor and my past doctors if I have herpes and they all say "no".  My lips peeling have been going on since the end of February to my recollection. Could this be a rare form of eczema or dermatitis.  Could this be related to my medicine? Maybe it is a side effect after taking it for a period of time. I am healthy outside of my shingles. I do have a tooth in my mouth that I have begged the dentist to removed and he refuses to pull it out. It can not be clean properly or thoroughly. It holds old food particles in it no matter how hard I try to clean it with a brush and pick. Do you think there is a bacteria in my tooth that can only go away if it is removed and I take some antibiotics?