Skin Peeling.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Peeling.

It's been about 4 weeks now since I have been using Xtreme Brite. It's a cream to clear away black spots. The black spots have been left after the pimples and I been trying to get rid of them. This Xtreme Brite cream is like a bleaching cream and now it's making my whole chin peeling and it's looks like my chin is bleached. Will my natural brown skin color come back? How long will it take for me to recover from this? Is this permanent? I'm worried and scared. It's horrible. Is there a different product I could use to even out skin? I need help. ASAP. Thanks.
This peeling can be due to contact dermatitis or you are using too much of the cream.Apply a little of the cream and if the symptoms persist then apply a mild steroid cream like dermacort.

For the scars of acne,you can use skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment.Apply hydroquinone cream on these scars and it should go away in a few days to months.If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

The peeling was due to using too much of the cream; your right. My chin area looks like it has been bleached and it's kind of like white/pink. I don't know what to do. Is my natural brown skin color going to come back? At the moment I'm using Clobetasol Propionate Ointment USP, 0.05% on the affected area which is my chin. I'm afraid to try new products cause I don't know what's the outcome of it. Write back ASAP. Thanks.
The paleness of the skin is due to post inflammatory hypopigmentation. Although this type of skin problem is very difficult to treat, but you can try Elidel cream or Protropic ointment on these hypopigmented areas.But use them after a dermatologist’s guidance.If the symptoms still persist then  you can talk to your dermatologist about laser-assisted chemabrasion(LACA).It has provided excellent results in such hypopigmentation.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
I have been using the xtreme brite lotion for about a week. Yesterday, I noticed i have rashes all over my back and neck. I dont know what to do. Should I stop using it or what? Can anyone help me out please!!!

Thank You
I want to know how long it will take me to be white even though I'm light skinned