Skin Problem?
My daughter (4) has a spot on her back that I am concerned about and not sure what to make of it...it started as a small spot and has turned into the size of about a quarter(maybe a little bigger).The area has lost all of the coloring and has completely turned white, her doctor said that it is nothing to be worried about and prescribed a cortisone cream for it but it has not changed at all and he still refuses to acknowledge it as being a problem. Any ideas on what to do next or suggestions on what it could be?
Other option is to ask to see a dermatologist . They cannot refuse to help you with that.
Looks like a small nevus depigmentosus(not serious) which looks a little different due to steroid application.
There should be no reason to worry.Do consult your doc. ok?
Thanks :) I have been freaked out on how bad it could be, I am going to make an appointment to take her to a dermatologist. Her doc hasn't been very helpful with this issue, I'm currently in search of a new pediatrician.