Skin Rash All over body and Fades away in 30-45 min and reappear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm a 31 year old female. I'm going through this bad itchy skin red rash for an month. Feeling very itchy makes me scratch like a devil and scratching makes the rash to a bump and red in color. After a very bad itch the rashes go away and reappears later. I was given a steroid which did not help me. So any help will be a help from God.
Such rashes that are itchy and appear and disappear are due to hives. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Applying calamine lotion also helps in soothing the skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.