Skin Rash after travelling in Tanzania and Kenya
I came back from Kenya and Tanzania a week and a half ago. While I was there I had a weird outbreak of itchy bumps on my face and some on my arms. It went away after a few days. But than the weird thing is that it has come back in the exact same places a couple of days ago and I am now back in America.

Has anyone any idea what this can befrom? I was diagnosed with Typhoid for which I have been taking antibiotics,but I have had typhoid a few times before and it has never come with a rash so I don't think this rash is from the typhoid.

I would appreciate any help any one out there can offer.

Thanks.
africantravels
Such itchy bumps on face and chest  can eb due to allergies, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or contact dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating.Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.