Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin Rash on arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin Rash on arms

hello doctor, this morning i woke up and got dressed and came to work and when i was at work i noticed a rather large rash on my left arm. It kind of itched at first as i think thats how i noticed it. It looked like a normal looking rash i guess. It was just a bunch of little red spots all on the arm. It started and went totally away after about an hour at the most of noticing it. Then i started to get the same thing on the other arm in about the same are though not as much. It itch kind of at first and then was there for a little bit and then it went away also. Then, back on the left arm the same thing, some started to come in and it wasnt as much and wasnt there very long at all and then it went away to. What can cause all of that. Is it a reaction to something.  This morning i sprayed on alot of cologne on my arms although not in those general areas, could that be a reason. i have pretty dry skin to could that be a reason mixed with the cologne i sprayed on.  I am real concerned over this. I am going through some real emetional problems right now as i was scared that i had HIV and i tested negative but waking up with this rash has scared the **** out of me. Please help doc.
It sounds as though it may be hives, which come and go the way you describe.  Despite their allergic reputation, the vast majority of hives are not allergic--they come for no reason and go away the same way.  While you're waiting to see a doctor, you can use an over-the-counter anti-itch lotion containing camphor, menthol, or pramoxine.  As for HIV, I see no reason for you to worry about that.  If the rash is still there after the weekend, let a doctor check it out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thanks for your reply doc, i logged in under a different name but its still me malibuaz1234.  Anyways i have no intentions or plans on  seeing a dcotor or anything and i dont need any itching creams or anything because it never itch only when it was just starting to come in and plus its not even there anymore. By the time i wrote the original question to you it was already gone.  It pretty much looked like an average diaper rash.  I was wondering what it was and what caused it.
In the last 4-6 weeks I keep getting this rash on and off on both of my arms. It's a red and lumpy rash. Looks like  mosquito bites. It itches a little then goes away after an hour or more. Then a day or 2 later it comes back. Just wondering what this might be? Possibly hives or some sort of an allergic reaction? Any help you could give would help thanks.

A related discussion, skin rash on arms was started.
A related discussion, Both arm rashes was started.
A related discussion, skin rash was started.