Skin Rashes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Rashes

I have this rashes, it started off with small circles, every time when i get up in the morning it grows bigger and it goes all over my body. it will look like big patches. it itch alot. took injections but still wont go away. what kind of allergy is this and how can i make it go away?
  • Recurring hives, rash (1 replies):
    I have always had a strange issue with my blood sugar. I...[more]
  • weird rash (2 replies):
    i keep getting this rash. it will appear on the insides...[more]
  • hives (1 replies):
    Dear Sir/Madam, I am having hives since a week. I don`t...[more]
  • hives (2 replies):
    Yes they appear as you said in am then go and then can c...[more]
  • hives (2 replies):
    I have recently been getting an outbreak of hives almost...[more]
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be due to hives Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red,itchy,raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.

The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks). You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin) to get symptom relief. Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(Benadryl) is used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.You may take Vitamin C and apply calamine lotion on the rashes.

If the hives don’t go after 6 wks of treatment also, then it can be a case of chronic urticaria which needs further evaluation as it may be due to auto antibodies.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Well i was taking this reverse osmosis mineral water, could it be due to that drink that contains something that lead to this?
Hives result from dilation of capillaries allowing fluid to leak out into the surrounding tissue, the epidermis.They are of two types:acute and chronic(when hives persist for more than 6 weeks). The most likely triggers for acute urticaria are allergies to pets, horses, latex and foods, such as shellfish and nuts,bee or wasp stings,allergies to medicines,Viral infections, such as glandular fever and herpes, dental and sinus infections, fungal infections, blood transfusions and vaccines.

The cause of chronic urticaria is often more difficult to identify. Most cases are called chronic idiopathic urticaria, which means they're caused by the body's unexplainable development of antibodies to itself (auto-antibodies).

You can consult an allergist and get allergy testing done to find out the allergens to which you may be allergic.