Skin Tag Near the Anus of my 9 month old Baby
My child has turned 9 months when i noticed a pea size protruding skin near her anus. I have noticed it before, when she was younger it is very little. But now it has grown bigger. Should I be alarmed? Is there a need for it to be removed?
Skin tag is benign skin growth and is found due to friction rub or hormonal changes in the body. The treatment options include removing with scissors by a doctor, freezing (using liquid nitrogen), burning (using medical electric cautery) and laser removal.
My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist and discuss these with him. If it is growing in size, then it has to be removed because if injured it can lead to bleeding.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how your daughter is doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.