Dermatology Community
Skin Tag or Wart?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin Tag or Wart?

For some time now, I have had a few growths around my penis as far up as where my pubic hair ends. I first  noticed a couple when I was shaving and just thought they were pieces of skin, the more I shaved, the more obvious it was that it was some kind of growth, because they got larger. Since I have stopped shaving, there are four that are fleshy/pink colored and soft occuring in the same general region, and it doesn't seem that they are changing at all. They all wiggle, but one really worries me because it is not uniform. Very closely it appears to be three or four individual oblong growths attached at the base. There are a few other very small growths which also have not changed since I stopped shaving. I have a skin tag on my arm, more on my eyelid, and one very small one under my armpit. If they are warts, they are certainly not typical genital warts, but what is more likely?

Also, I know warts on fingers and genital warts are caused by the same type of virus, but not the exact same one, but if I have warts on my hands, and I masturbate, can that lead to genital warts?

Thankyou