Dermatology Community
Skin Tag or something else?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin Tag or something else?

I had a skin tag growing on my back that got much bigger it seemed almost overnight.  Well I noticed today after showering that it had flattened and turned a black color and is very hard to the touch.  The base of this is still small and flesh colored but is a little more sensitive now.  Is it possible for a skin tag to (for lack of a better word) explode from pressure?

As I have recently been laid off I don't currently have medical insurance. Is this something I should go and have looked at anyway?

Thanks for your help!

GB
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

A skin tag is a common but harmless skin growth. It may occur on the eyelids, neck, chest, armpits, and groin. It may require removal because it has become irritated and red from bleeding  or black from twisting and dying of the skin tissue. Occasionally a tag may spontaneously fall off without any pain or discomfort. This may occur after the tag has twisted on itself at the stalk base, interrupting the blood flow to the tag. Treatments include freezing, tying off with a thread or suture, or cutting off. (ref: http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/page2.htm#6whatproblems)

Take care and regards.
Blank
i have a big growth of skin on my back and its sagging as if there is water  inside its been a year now and its growing what can it be should i have it removed i cant wear sleevless tops anymore
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...