Skin Tag?
This morning I noticed a tiny growth (about the size of the tip of a pen, but thin and stretched a bit like an oval) just a few centimeters above and to the left of where the top of my scrotal sac meets the suprapubic region. I noticed it only by chance while I was grooming. It was so small I don't think I ever would have seen it otherwise. It was skin colored, perhaps a shade darker, and sat on top of the skin as opposed to being set deeper into the tissue. I squeezed it a bit thinking it may be an ingrown hair but it did not produce any discharge, but seemed to come so I picked off the hanging skin with tweezers. It was painless and produced a single drop of blood. Now, several hours later, I can't even tell where it was to begin with.

I know nobody can confirm anything without a visual examination, but I just wanted to get someone's opinion about what it could have been since there is nothing for a dermatologist to look at now. I had a skin tag in my suprapubic region many years ago but that was before I was sexually active so the thought of an STD never crossed my mind. Now that I am sexually active I'm a bit more concerned. HPV seems to be the only option as far as an STD, but I did get the Gardasil vaccine when it was approved for men and this growth didn't look like a wart compared to warts I've had on my hands and once on my forehead. Those were set deep into the skin and left behind "roots" after I picked them off. I've read that skin tags can be caused by friction. I cycle 3 - 4 times a week at the gym so there is a lot of friction going on in that area. I'd just like a professional opinion based off of what I've described.

I am a 22 year old gay male. I have had two sexual encounters with the same person - mutual oral, mutual masturbation, and receptive anal - in the last four weeks who has told me he is clean.