Skin Virus Bumps?..Boils?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Virus Bumps?..Boils?

A little over a year ago I got a bump on my tailbone area, and it was really painful. I thought my thong was irritating my skin and possibly caused this. So the bump got bigger and seemed to form a head and eventually pus out. It was extremely painful and also spread and created even smaller bumps. They were so painful that I was taking 600 mg ibuprofens to rid the pain for sometimes I could barely sit or sleep. They seemed to spread for I got one on my ankle and also my knee and my boyfriend had gotten one on his inner arm and on his stomach. We treated them with antibiotics and waited until they formed head and a thick green mucous head would finally pop out leaving a hole. Very scary. I went to the doctor for the one on my ankle and was given antibiotics and skin cream. I was also taking goldenseal herb to try and rid naturally. After about 3 months or so they went away for both of us. Being that we both had them thought it might be a virus. So now its about a year later and  my boyfriend thought he had a pimple on his ear. After a couple days it scabbed and I went to pop it and the scab simply peeled off and a small thick green head detached with the scab. We are afraid this is the same virus coming back. Or could it possibly be spider bites..(this was another assumption we were given back when the problems had initially started) Please help!! I dont want this back ever again!! -=)
Avatar n tn
Sounds like you have MRSA
Avatar n tn
whats that?
Avatar n tn
It sounds like the spot on the base of your spine was a pilonidal cyst.  Because you said it spread some, check out a dermatology website about hidradenitis suppurativa.  I had to eventually have the cyst and the 'sack' removed from my tailbone and have had several more crop up - some on the insides of my thighs - and a couple under my breasts.  Hope this helps.  If anything crops up again, I find that warm compresses help to take the soreness out - and even using hot compresses can help bring them to a head and help them drain.  I still end up at the docs getting antibiotics most of the time.  I have been known to carry fever with mine as well.
Good Luck.
Avatar n tn
my 4 year old daughter has these bumps all on the inside of her thighs and creases in her knees..... the doctor told me it was a virus and started with an "m"  i wanted to do more research on this but i cant remember what it was called.  he said the only cure is to freeze them off
my son has the same thing! the doctor said it would go away on it's own but never did! it is spreading now!!!