Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin Whitening Pills

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin Whitening Pills

Hi Dr. Rockoff,

I value your opinion.  Do you know if l-glutathione actually can lighten a person's skin complexion.  There are a few skin whitening pills in the market... Not all are l-glutathione. Do you know of other brand? I heard that Japanese scientists were the pioneer for the skin whitening pills.  Do you know the history of it? Is it widely use in the United States under different brand in dermatologist offices? Can you point me to the right direction on where I can find research data to back up the claims? Will you let me know what your thoughts are?

Thank You and Best Regards,
SkinWhite
I'm afraid I haven't got any.  I am not aware of the use of this product for skin whitening.  In fact, I'm not aware of any internal skin whiteners.  There are creams for this purpose, most containing hydroquinone.  A dermatologist can tell you about the prescription-strength forms of this.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Dr. Salo said that "there are so many ways to whiten skin.. from lotions to astringents, to creams to whitening pills..." Whitening pills sounds very interesting.  Do you know if it is safe for long-term use.  Which brand do you recommend? Is it FDA regulated?  

SkinWhite
Avatar n tn
Actually there is lot of benefits using whitening pills that contain glutathione.......u should try and search for yourself just by typing glutathion at a search engine like www.google.com
Avatar n tn
Glutathione Whitening Pills
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, skinbleaching.net whitening pills was started.
A related discussion, Whitening Pills was started.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Skin Whiteners was started.