Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin biopsy and healing
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin biopsy and healing

I had a skin cancer biopsy for the sole of my left foot 3 weeks ago.  Melanoma, of .75 mmm. depth was found.  The biopsy site has not healed though I have used neosporin and have not put much weight on it.  We are eager to see some healing as the surgeon has said if it heals, his surgery will be easier for me.  (I am also dealing with advanced breast cancer.) Is it safe for me to use ichthammol ointment on the biopsy site?