Skin breakout

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin breakout

I started having a breakout/rash in January of this year.  It did not itch at the time.  It kind of looked like acne with no pus.  I then developed problems in my scalp and then it started itching the first part of June.  I went to the doctor and he thought I may have contracted scabies from someone and gave me an antiobiotc in case of staph infection and the lotion to use twice.  I have used it 2 weeks ago.  The rashes/breakout went away but it is now back -  mainly on my upper chest area.  
My question is:  was it really scabies and I contracted it again?  OR is it something else?

Thanks for any help!
Seborrheic dermatitis is the condition which is common for both the locations.Scabies is uncommon in adults on the scalp,while commoner in children.Pediculosis is commoner on the head but not so on chest.
It can be seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist,then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.