Dermatology Community
Skin colored bumps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin colored bumps

My baby just turned one and I notice some skin colored bumps appear on one knee then the other and now on one of her arms and elbow, doesn't seem to bother her at all, now I have a couple ideas, we just got a kitten about 2 weeks ago, also swimming season took her for the first time about 2 weeks ago? Could this be a reaction to sunblock, swimming, or cat? Also just started an antibiotic for ear infection 2 weeks ago? Any ideas I do have a apt but it is a week away
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Since there have been 4 changes, it can be due to contact dermatitis to the sun block, allergy to cat or hives due to the infection. Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Treatment is by oral antihistamines. You can also apply 1%hydrocortisone cream on the effected area. Try taking Vitamin C along with this treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.

Please see your dermatologist if the condition does not improve. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank