Skin complaint

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin complaint

I have had a recurring soreness at the end of my nose and around one nostril for approximately a year! Dr has given me Fucicort cream and also Salibet but it has not completely gone away and keeps flaring up! Can I continue indefinitely with this treatment? Thanks
Two possibilities which need to be ruled out in your case are of rosacea and lupus. Rosacea is a medical condition presenting with redness, swelling, discoloration and sometimes pimples and dry skin over the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead.

Avoid the sun and hot weather, spicy foods, alcohol, and hot beverages. Also try to reduce stress as it may precipitate attacks.

Treatment options for rosacea vary from antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens to laser treatment. You should consult a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.