Skin darkening
When I was eight months pregnant I got this weird pigment coming on my thigh near my groin area. It's itchy, darkened my skin to the point I don't want to wear a bikini this Summer. Do you know what it is?
It can be due to erythrasma or sweat dermatitis. Erythrasma is a chronic superficial infection of the intertriginous areas of the skin.It is true that groins are effected but the typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.

It has to be differentiated from contact dermatitis,psoriasis,sweat dermatitis and fungal infections which may mimic it.Wood lamp examination and gram staining are the tests for its diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.