Skin discoloration/ flat scars
My nephew had a puppy with flees and he ended up with many flee bites all over his legs. My sister told him not to itch them but he did and as a result, they left scars. The skin is darker than his normal skin color. It has been three years. We have tried Vitamin E oil and Neosporin. Nothing has worked and he has become self conscience about it. Please offer any helpful advice ASAP. Thanks.

Flea bites may go away on its own but may scar when the bites are scratched.   Removal of scar tissue may depend on the size, depth and location, the age of the person, genetics and skin characteristics.  If Vitamin E and other medications are not effective, I recommend that you have this evaluated further by your dermatologist for proper management. Direct clinical examination will help with the course of action. Medical and surgical methods have been used to reduce the appearance of scars.

Take care and keep us posted.

The color of a scar may be pale pink, brown, or silvery. Some people tend to get scars more easily, and scars are more likely to form after wounds on certain parts of the body.

Guaranteed effective all natural Scar Removal

Can the Appearance of Scar Tissue be Reduced?

Yes, the appearance of scar tissue can be reduced. Usually, scars shrink and become less noticeable as the person ages. Surgical procedures and medications can also be used to reduce the appearance of scars.

Surgical procedures can be used to improve or minimize the appearance of scars, restore function, and correct disfigurement resulting from an injury, lesion, or previous surgery. Surgical revision is usually delayed until the scar lightens in color. It takes several months or even a year after a wound has healed for the scar to lighten in color. Surgery to revise scars can be done while the patient is awake or sleeping.

Medications (topical corticosteroids, anesthetic ointments, and antihistamine creams) can reduce the symptoms of itching and tenderness.

Products like Neosporin® Scar Solution™ can help restore raised and discolored scars to a more natural color and texture, using the same technology trusted by burn centers and plastic surgeons.