Dermatology Community
Skin discoloration... food allergy?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin discoloration... food allergy?

4839950?1252113660
Hi,

I get this from time to time, and can't figure out why. I thought it was from something I was eating, but I'm not sure. Usually allergy rashes are red, or itch, or puff up. This is just a weird mottled-looking skin discoloration, it doesn't hurt and doesn't itch. I get it on my inner thighs, inner calves, and inner upper arms. I posted a photo, if anyone has ever seen anything like it.. lemme know!

thanks!

>^^<
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I should also mention there's no history of any kind of disease in my family, and the only real health problems I suffer from are anxiety and stress..

>^^<
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Your symptoms are suggestive of pityriasis versicolor. It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climate.
Most cases of fungal infection respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...