Skin discoloration in temple and cheek bone area amongst African-Americans and other darker complextioned people
I have always wondered what causes the darkening in facial area ranging from the temple area to the cheek bone area. It's not uncommon among African-Americans and some darker complexioned people. Does it have anything to do with high blood pressure or some other underlying  ailment. Anecdotally, I am aware of many who have had heart attacks and strokes. Has there ever been any studies in the past?
Such discoloration is called melasma or xanthesma. Melasma is caused by hormonal changes, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin. People with darker complexions are more prone to this condition than people with lighter skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

how can I get rid of dark spots on my cheek ?