Skin disorder
I am over 65 and have been in good health.  Around April I got a red pimple on my chin which after a few days another came and they began to itch and turn into a "patch." I went to a doctor who prescribed Fluocinonide Cream 0.05% which did no good. A week later a red pimple came on my rt. arm just below the elbow. Again, other red pimples came and soon formed a red patch.  Again, I went to the doctor and this time he prescribed Lotrisone cream which has not made the red patches and itching any better.  The larger one on my face had white scales which wore off and now it has white spots.  The skin feels thick and bumpy to the touch. My face does not itch but my arm itches terribly. The pimples appear to be leaving on some days and then they reappear in the same place.  I have only these two patches. The doctor did not know what it is.  Has anyone out there had this?  Please advise.  Can't afford to go to Dermatologist.
These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis, fungal infection or due to discoid lupus. A biopsy skin may be needed to confirm the diagnosis. I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.