Skin falling off

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin falling off

My boyfrind has psoriasis, but he has only ever had 2 break outs... when he was 15 and now. Over a period of going on 2 months, he has constatnly had something wrong with his skin.
First it was the psoriasis, which eventually got taken care of by anibiotics from a dermatologist and constant bathing and lathering up with lotion.
Then, came along flaking of the skin. The dermatologist called it something, but I have forgotten. No matter what we do/ try, he flakes and flakes. It's as if his skin won't stay on his body.
Now,and this is a fun one, His skin is literally fallin goff in chuncks. But there are still layers of skin underneaath, the top layer or layers anr just falling off. It's so bad that it is clogging up the bath tub. And puss is coming out of his skin whenever he scrathes... ANYWHERE!
I'm out of ideas of what to do. I call the hospital and they won't help, they say bring him in if it's an emergency. But I don't know if it is, that's why I call. The dermatologist keeps writing him prescriptions, but as you can tell, his symptomes keep getting worse. Plus, she doesn't know what the puss is from, so that's postitive to hear from a doctor. And the nurses hotline won't talk to me because I'm not him. But it hurts when he moves a single part of his blood red body.
What am I suppose to do? I'm afraid something horrible might happen, but I can't get anyone to help me.