Skin feels bruised to touch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin feels bruised to touch

I am a 36 y/o female. The skin on my arms, abdomen, and especially upper legs feel bruised to touch. Pain is not severe. It does not burn or sting and there is no rash or bruise anywhere. But skin is definitely sore when you even lightly rub over it. Have not found any answers or ideas to what could cause it. Has started in the last week and it comes and goes.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
One possibility in which skin feels bruised and sore is of fibromyalgia. The other possibilities are of parasthesia which feels like ants crawling or tingling sensations and shingles if a cluster of bumps appears after pain and soreness of skin. To confirm the diagnosis please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.