Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin groth at side of ear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin groth at side of ear

My boy was born with a skin growth just outside both ears.  Its looks like a small earlobe at the outside of the ear channel.  What is this and what can be done?  What other implications with regard to this growth
There is a condition in which there are small pits in front of the ears, but it sounds as though you are describing something else, and I'm not sure what it is.  Doesn't your pediatrician have an opinion on this?  If needed, specialists can see your son and evaluate him.

Sorry I can't say more without seeing him.

Dr. Rockoff