Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin growth on eye lid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin growth on eye lid

I have this growth on my eyelid that has been there for a couple weeks now.  It first started with me feeling something in that eye.  Like an eyelash.  My eye was so uncomfortable it caused me to take out my contact.  But the feeling of something remaining in my eye was still there.  Later that night, my eyelid puffed slightly and was red and stayed that way for a few days.  It then went down but I still have a slight limp on my eyelid, though it's not red.  It doesn't hurt or bother me unless I try and treat it with a warm cloth for too long.  If I touch or rub it lightly it doesn't hurt.  Any idea what it is or what I can do to treat it myself.  I will go to the doctor if I have to but I'm a full time student with no isurance, so I rather see if it's minor and easily treated first.  Thanks for your time.

Jo
Jo:

Sounds like a healing folliculitis ("stye.")  The lump will go away of you leave it alone.  No treatment is either needed or helpful at this point.  As long as it stays the same and slowly goes away, I'd do nothing.  If it worsens -- not likely --  show it to someone.

best.

Dr. R
Thank you soooo much!!!!  What a sigh of relief.  I'll keep an eye (no pun intended) on it.  Thank you!
Hi, my two year old son's upper eye lid was developed a small bump, not real big, maybe the size of a pea cut in half. It is red, not translucent,  and does not seem to bother him. He has had it for almost two weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. What should we do?