Skin growth on middle finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin growth on middle finger

Hi, I'm a 25 year old Male living in Canada.  About 2-3 months ago I noticed some raised bubble like bumps on the palm side of my middle finger on my right hand.  If i rub my other finger over it I can feel raised bumps and I though they were some kind of warts but my family doctor said it was a fungal infection.  

Anyhow we tried many solutions I tried lamasil which didn't do much, topicort which didn't do much either and then finally I've taken 2 rounds of ketoconazole which is an anti-fungal pill that gets dissolved into the bloodstream which actually helped clear most of the infection accept 2-3 days after i finished my 2nd round the problem came back.

The major issue is that where I live it takes 6 months to get an appointment with a dermatologist :o  I don't know what to do, I really don't want to take more ketoconazole as it would just be a bandaid treatment and also I heard that it can do damage to my liver if i keep taking more of it overtime?

Any ideas?
anyone?
bump
bump
The symptoms that you have described sound like contact dermatitis or pompholyx. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.