Skin health and Heat

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin health and Heat

I currently live in the U.S.A, in the midwest to be exact. As a result of the humidity and heat and a few possible other factors I might not know about, the summers here are very tough on my skin. I get a lot of big red spots on my upper skin. I also get zits and small red bumps on my upper and lower arms, and a lot of insect bites on my arms and legs.  I'm trying to find a creme, powder, or form of treatment that will either heal these wounds or make these skin imperfections go away. I was recommended to tan, but I am a bit skeptical about that. I don't think I have a skin allergy, but maybe just oversensitive skin.

Is there a combination of products that can help these skin problems go away?

Is there a factor that might be involved, a variable I'm not seeing, that is causing these skin problems?

Is there such a thing as having skin that is more susceptible to outside factors?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be prickly heat or haet rash.

Without examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but the symptoms are suggestive of prickly heat(malaria) or sweat dermatitis. Prickly heat (miliaria) is an itchy skin rash caused by trapped sweat. It tends to occur on areas of the body where skin touches skin, such as under the breasts, on the inner thighs, and under the arms. Tiny red spots with itching and pricking sensation are the characteristic appearance of this rash.

Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime.Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating.Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.