Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin mottling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin mottling

Several times a year there appear on the palms of my hands reddish circles one or two which are always more pronounced on my left and than my right.  Currently on my right hand the circle is about a quarter inch in diameter and on my left, one is a half inch and the other is about an inch.  They itch a little and are gone usually within a week.  This has happened for years.

I have not done anything specific, i.e. working with my hands that would have caused this

Any idea what they could be?

Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Not really.  Perhaps a form of eczema, though that usually causes small blisters rather than circles.  I can;t imagine that after all these years it could be anything significant, or related to anything you do or touch.  If you want to look further, I suggest you take a photo when it's there and show it--or your hands, if it's still there--to a dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers