Skin nodules on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin nodules on face

I am a 25 year old female with no history of acne, just normal breakouts here and there.  I have a dime size painful skin nodule on my forehead.  The first time I got one of these it was about 4 years ago.  It stopped for about a year and then became more frequent.  I only ever have one at a time an it does not come before or during my menstrual cycle.  It is not a pimple.  I can tell when it is starting to form because my skin in that area becomes sore and hard.  It usually lasts for about a week or so.  Nothing helps, over the counter acne treatments, heat or cold packs.  It contains orange-ish fluid.  There is no head on it either.  It is just a painful bump.  It seems as though they come more frequently when I am stressed.  There is no way to make it go away than besides time.  It decreases in size but then comes up again the next month in a different place.  Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I may have and possibly how to treat it?