Skin on heels ripping off

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin on heels ripping off

Subconsciously while sitting down I cross my legs and start ripping the skin of my feet off. And it comes off oh so easily. I don't know if i have dry feet or something, but it just goes, maybe 3 layers of skin come off. I draw blood easily by doing it, and it hurts like nuts. It may be a bi-product of the stress rowing puts on the skin on the feet, but I'm doubtful.
These symptoms can be due to dry skin or xerosis and may be aggravated by certain causes like prolonged standing, being overweight, open back of shoes or medical causes like diabetes, thyroid disease, psoriasis or eczema.

Soak feet in warm soapy water to soften skin. Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer. During the day, hydrate and protect feet with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid—a must for improving skin texture and tone. You can wear socks after applying the cream also. An insole or a heel cup may be used to keep the fat pad from expanding sideways. This is worn in the shoe and can be very effective at prevention.
If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.