Skin on toes especially around toenails turns very white from being moist.
This issue has been getting increasingly worse in the past couple of years.  I find that when my feet get moist either from getting sweaty in a pair of shoes or when in the shower, bath or pool, the skin on my toes turns white, especially surrounding my toenails.

I know that I've already got an issue with nail fungus, which I'm trying to treat naturally with an anti-fungal liquid which contains undecylenic acid.  It seems to be very slowly helping, but my pinky toenail is so far gone that I don't know how or if it will be able to be rescued.

I use a foot file at least once a week and when the skin around my toes is looking white and swollen, I try to file it off which appears to help until the next time I have a shower and it looks the same as before I filed the white skin off.  I should also note that when my feet are dry the swelling and whiteness subside.

I think it looks disgusting and it makes me feel extremely self conscious when I'm at the pool or when my boyfriend is around after I get out of the shower.

Why is this happening?  And what can I do to improve or stop it from happening??