Skin peeling off, destroying fingerprints
Good day.

Eight months ago, after I went to a high and cold place in my country, my right thumb and right pointer finger skin started to get dry that I have to apply cream,lotion, moisturizing oil which my dermatologists recommended. They said it was eczema. My skin would peel off, and wrinkles and cracks appeared on its surface. Friction ridges became unclear so now my fingerprints couldnt be captured by the fingerprint capturing system of our Social Security System (Philippines). I want my fingerprints back. Is it still possible? Please advise me what to do? If it is still possible, how long shld I wait?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!
my most educated guess is that this is from mercury poisoning.
the same exact thing has happened to me.

mercury in dental amalgam fillings
mercury in vaccinations.
it's called desquamation

Chronic mercury poisoning is most often due to occupational exposure or to industrial pollution of the environment. Depending on the amount and length of exposure and the age of the victim, symptoms include weakness, tremors, (my muscle spasms) progressive incoordination,(sometimes I feel like I might fall right off my bike) and paralysis. Numbness in the fingers and toes is an early sign of poisoning. Mental changes include lethargy and intellectual dullness.  (my brain-fog  - cannot think at work)
from - http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1219108

"Common symptoms include peripheral neuropathy (presenting as paresthesia or itching, burning or pain), skin discoloration (pink cheeks, fingertips and toes), edema (swelling), and desquamation (dead skin peels off in layers)."
from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

image of a child's hand with desquamation (also effects toes) -
http://adc.bmj.com/content/vol86/issue6/images/large/90015199.f1.jpeg

this happened to me.
I am having my fillings removed and then I am doing CHELATION to remove all heavy metals from my system.

good luck
Hi Bibing,
Minor cuts and abrasions, and some skin diseases (e.g. psoriasis and eczema), may temporarily disturb the ridged skin features, but after healing the structure is exactly the same as before. More serious injuries or burns, involving the deeper layer of the skin (the dermis), can damage the cells that are responsible for regeneration of the skin, and leave a scar within which the ridge pattern is lost or changed.
I think you have to wait and see.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
hey, i was wondering what happened to your fingerprints. I have the exact same situation. I practice mountain climbing in the andes and everytime i come back from the mountain (high and cold place) i get wrinkles in my fingers. sometimes it is so bad that the skin peels off and starts bleeding. lemme know if your fingers improved