Skin peeling off of forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin peeling off of forehead

Recently,  I developed a pimple DIRECTLY in the center of my head. A few days after, the pimple turned into a scab. And now, there is skin peeling off of my forehead right around the scab. Is there something that I can do to mae this go away?
  • Possible Herpes??? (1 replies):
    I have something that at first I thought was just an ing...[more]
  • Is is herpes???? (1 replies):
    After having intercourse last week, a area on my inner t...[more]
  • red bump (1 replies):
    my granddaughter has a red bump on her arm and the bump ...[more]
  • worried (1 replies):
    have a hard bump under my skin on left side like right ...[more]
  • Herpes or ? (1 replies):
    While showering I noticed a strange red bump that looked...[more]
Normally when a boil appears, it starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus drains and scabbing occurs which is followed by peeling of skin which is a sign of healing. Nothing much is to be done except applying some non perfumed light moisturizer and some antiseptics on the area. However if the scabbing persists or there is repetition of the symptoms, then herpes blisters which may present with similar features need to be ruled out. A dermatologist would be the best person to consult in that case.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.