Skin rash behind ear
I am 72 years old... I am on medications because I underwent a few surgeries quite recently... I have a rash on my neck and behind my ears.. there are little white bumps and look like little pimples with pus in them.. they are very itchy and painful..what could this be and what can i put on it to relieve the itch?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be boils,infected hair follicles or shingles. Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the virus that causes chickenpox. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus.

I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation because the treatment is different for all and confirmation of diagnosis is necessary for the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.