Skin rash from the ocean
My daughter went to Cancun Mexico about one month ago. She was coming out of the ocean, and said that she scrapped her knee on an underwater rock (or something). A month later she has a section of bumps on her knee where it was scrapped. We have been putting Calomine lotion on it but it hasnt changed it at all. She said it does itch from time to time, but the lotion helped the urge to scratch.
Is there anything I can buy over the counter to get rid of this? I never heard of any poison ocean rocks like poison ivy!  
Sounds like she may have scrapped against Fire Coral,  Should not have lasted this long though.  If it is getting worse then seek Dr attention.  Talk to your local pharmacist for advice.
You can try any of the home remedies for insect bites and jellyfish stings, one that comes to mind is meat tenderizer (but must be a variety containing MSG-mono sodium glutamate)
THis seems to be inflammation of the skin caused by the water.Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with any substance that has the potential to irritate the skin.

You can apply a mild Corticosteroid ointment on the area for a short period of time to reduce the inflammation.Also oral anti-histamines like Cetrizine/Loratidine can be taken to treat the itchy skin.

ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1000869