Skin rash identification
I have two nickel-size, vaguely oval-shaped (but not solidly so) rather itchy spots on the bottom of my left buttock.  The skin is drier on them.  They itch often (not constantly, half the time I don't feel them) and haven't gone away in three weeks.  Anti-tinea wash agitates them even more.

I've had an outbreak of pityriasis rosea, and was thinking this could be the herald patch of another outbreak, but that didn't itch half as much and was never as red (nor located there, nor colored quite the same).

Uh, any ideas?
It sounds like nummular dermatitis to me which presents as itchy, annular or circular lesion with dry skin. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and wear cotton clothes. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream will also help but it should be used under a dermatologist’s guidance. Application of emollients is helpful in nummular dermatitis.
If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.